The Parish Registers
The Parish Registers hold wonderful depth of information for the Wilberforce area and the families who have their lives documented through baptisms, weddings and burials. Many Wilberforce pioneer names appear frequently throughout.
The Registers begin in 1826, prior to that these life events were recorded in the Windsor Registers.
The first Registers at St. John’s containing baptisms, marriages and burials were rebound in 1964 as a gift of Dennis Bruce Gosper in memory of his ancestors.
At the Bicentennial weekend, we intend to have an original register on display, as well as copies of all pages for families to find their relatives and research their family history.
The early volumes are now held at the Anglican Diocese archives where they are appropriately preserved for future generations. They are also available to view on microfilm at Hawkesbury Library.